Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ruby Red

Ruby, Ruby, what a day we have had!
You have started your second month of life with a bang, and you have wasted no time developing horrible cradle cap all over your face. You also have continued to look yellow to me, so off to the doctor we went this morning. Thankfully, your Aunt Lauren stopped by to bring me a nutritious McDonald's breakfast and offered to accompany us. My suspicions were confirmed that your bilirubin is a little high for your age, so of course we had to follow your heel prick with a more invasive blood draw from your little arm. All of this was followed by your Hep B vaccination. You poor little lady. I think you cried more today than you have your entire existence. You certainly live up to your name as your face turns a deep shade of red in about a millisecond when you are in pain or upset. Bless your little heart- Your face was red alot today. :( I kept telling myself that a few seconds of pain are so much more tolerable than possible brain/liver dysfunction. This got me through the screams. The great news is that you are a healthy little girl, and you are up to 8 pounds, 11 ounces...the 35th percentile I think is what they told me. Way to go, little Rubes!
After your doctor's appointment, "we" needed a little emotional pick-me-up. What better place to squander our time (and money) than at Target! This was our first shopping outing together. I'm just breaking you in slowly. You did great and slept basically all day. I think you were completely worn out from all the morning doctor drama. Next was your Gigi's house, your Aunt Lauren's house, and then to Hobby Lobby.
Part two of the horrible day continued when we got home and I scrubbed your little cradle cap (cradle mask is a better term) with Selsun Blue. You were also not excited about this. You have been sleeping ever since I put you in your PJ's and held you close. Bless it.
Tomorrow I promise we will do a lot of snuggling and eating and decorating for Christmas. I'll even eat some cookies for you. Here's to a better tomorrow! Congratulations on making it through your first month of life in this crazy world. It will only get better. :)

1 comments:

jody said...

Hey Natalie! I'm wondering about Ruby's cradle cap, is it getting any better? My kids both struggled with it and the best thing I found was lavender essential oil and almond oil. I just added about a drop of lavender to a tablespoon of almond oil and rubbed it on their scalp then shampooed about an hour later after it had soaked in. I just used baby shampoo because I hated using something as strong as Selson Blue (I used it like twice on Levi and it was terrible!)
I feel like the lavender did good to clear up the skin, the almond oil was a good carrier for that and then the baby shampoo just washed all the dead stuff off.
You can get both of them at Drug Emporium or Whole Foods.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting