Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Four Month Socialite

Having a four month old has been so much more fun than all the other months combined. Although, I did go up to the hospital the other day to see a friend of mine and her newborn, and all of the sudden I was convinced that having a newborn was the best thing ever. Wow. Hormones are RAGING.

Ruby's fourth month was quite an adventure. She took a trip with me, her Gigi, and her Aunt Lauren to go see her Aunt Hill in Nashville. She did fine in her carseat, slept most of the way, and really was quite a delight the entire trip. I am trying to warn myself (and Levi) that our next kid might not be this easy going. But, for now, we'll take it!

What else did we do in February? I went back to work part time and left Ruby at home with her Gigi two days per week for the past four weeks. I feel guilty when I get to work and forget about her for a few minutes. Then I remember her when I have to pump every couple hours :) My breasts will never let me forget her for too long. Overall it has been a seamless transition with only one emotional breakdown (me not Ruby) on the eve of my first day back. My mom assures me that Ruby never really fusses and seems happy as a clam, so I hope she isn't lying.

We went to the doctor, and Ruby weighs about 13 pounds. She is back on the charts for weight and is climbing the charts for height. Now that I avoid chocolate, citrus fruit, and dairy, her face is silky smooth. Her favorite thing to do is "talk", and I'm pretty sure the first time she laughed this month my heart melted to the floor. Sweetest thing ever. She thinks I am pretty funny these days as she does anyone who will sit there and make silly noises like an idiot for any extended period of time. Four months old also brought more of a realization to her that she does in fact have fingers and toes. She loves to just look at them, eat them, and grab things. When I rock her she tries to reach out and touch my face with her slobbery little fingers. Also very sweet. Naps were going great until I transitioned her into her crib. I won't complain, though, because the girl has slept through the night since she was 8 weeks old!

Levi is finally done with basketball season, which means he is home more nights of the week. This has been wonderful and really excites me about summer. We are finally into our "groove" of having a baby and it is getting harder to remember what life was like before we had Rubes. It definitely wasn't as smelly, slobbery, or wonderful. She brings us such joy!

Here are some pictures from February...













1 comments:

Addi and Phin's Mom said...

She looks so happy! I just wish I could snuggle her. Four months is the best, and it only gets better. Isn't it lovely to see her own little personality come out!

I'm glad you've made it through. There are still some tough times ahead, but the first three months are some of the toughest (at least for my money). It's baby boot camp! But lucky you, it seems you've got some great guides along the way.

As always, love and prayers to for you three.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting