Thursday, July 19, 2012

Doctor, doctor.

Going to doctor's appointments are so much more exciting now than they ever were in the past. When I am at the OB/GYN clinic, I feel like a rockstar. Most every healthcare professional working there has some sort of passion for pregnancy/reproduction, and they are (for the most part) so kind and encouraging as they notice my protruding tummy. I truly am thankful for a doctor that genuinely seems interested in what is going on with me and my uterus. He listens to me, validates my concerns, and gives me truly helpful feedback. Today I think he even said, "Bless your heart!". No, Dr. Breniman, bless YOUR heart for being such a peach.

I usually smile and try not to complain too much, but today when he asked if I had any questions, I did not hold much back. After discussing with him all of my ailments (most of which are not appropriate to publish), I was delighted to hear Ruby's strong heartbeat and to feel a few strong kicks. Earlier that morning, as part of my glucose tolerance test, I had consumed 10 ounces of sugary goodness, so Ruby was wide awake.

So far, everything is right on track. I am measuring right at 25 weeks. My weight gain is maybe a little above average, but I am okay with that. My blood pressure is perfect, and I do not have gestational diabetes, which is wonderful. I tried to convince myself while waiting for the results of my test that it would be okay to have GD, but honestly, carbohydrates would have been so hard to cut out during a time when they are so fun to consume. Besides my ribs and pelvis feeling like they are about to crack in half at any given moment, everything is going well, and I was reminded of what an awe-inspiring thing pregnancy really is. Incredible? Yes. Comfortable and enjoyable? No. I needed the encouragement today, and it was good to be reminded of how precious and invaluable is the little blessing God has chosen for Levi and me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting