Monday, June 10, 2013

Seven Months With Rubes

Ruby, your seventh month of life was marked by your new found mobility, your first surgery, your first accident, your first baby food, and your social little personality.

Ever since you became a stomach sleeper, you started getting really strong and rolling EVERYWHERE. I walked into your nursery after I heard a loud crash one day. You didn't make a peep, so I knew you were either fine or unconscious. I found you happily playing with the baby monitor cord that you had yanked down. It fell about 6 inches from your sweet, little head! You also rolled yourself right off the couch when I left you there for about 5 seconds to put a pile of laundry in our room. Oops. You cried for a minute. I made sure cerebrospinal fluid wasn't leaking through your ears, and that you didn't have any apparent swollen areas and we went on with life. Sorry, little lady! I won't make that mistake again :)

This month you also had a little procedure done at Arkansas Children's Hospital to fix an issue you were having at your umbilical site. I think the official term they used on all the paperwork was excision of an urachal remnant. You were so sweet during pre-op. We got up at 5:00 am to be there by 5:30. You waved at each health care professional that came in to take care of you and get you ready for surgery. When they wheeled you off in your little bed, my eyes filled with tears, but you just looked at us as you went like it was no big deal! And it really wasn't...but it felt like it. You went to sleep just fine and the surgery was non-eventful. Your waking up from anesthesia was more eventful. You screamed for an hour or so but eventually calmed down. We left and went home, and you nursed and slept all day. You tried to roll on your belly that afternoon and you haven't slowed down since! Children are quite resilient, and you were no exception. Glad to have all of that over with!

You aren't a huge fan of baby food. You could kind of take it or leave it. I don't blame you. The texture is quite challenging, and I know you really wanting table food. The feeding therapist in me doesn't want to give you any until you have maybe a tooth or at least until you are 10 months old...but, I don't know if we will last that long! You stare at our plates and reach for every thing on them constantly.

Your new favorite thing to do this month is wave hi and bye. You also hit the ground with your hand or pat my arm when you want more of something. I think your Gigi was the first one to notice that you actually were purposefully waving. It's the sweetest thing. You love to see people. This month (your 8th month), we were at a basketball game at Harding academy. With every person that walked by, you waved. Then, you fussed if they didn't acknowledge you! Ha! You've also really enjoyed waking up at 4 am pretty often this month. So, that's a bummer.

Some of your favorite things include tags, bottles and cups, ribbon, your paci, your sophie giraffe, and our iphones. You are wearing 6 and 6-9 month clothes for the most part...and I never put shoes on you, because you constantly are kicking your little legs and the shoes just fall right off.

Every one loves to comment on your strawberry blonde hair, your larger than life cheeks, and your sweet waving.

I loved celebrating mother's day this year with you! Last year, you were just a tiny little monster causing all sorts of mayhem during pregnancy. Now, you are here, and I get to rock you and snuggle you and tickle you and be reminded that I'm going to have to have at least a few more horrible pregnancies, because the product is so wonderful! :)

We love you, little lamb!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

The product IS so wonderful! We love you, Wuubee!

Hillary Davis said...

Hahaha, before I saw Lauren's post, I was going to put the EXACT same thing. Wow. We truly are related. So, I'll just say, ditto...

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting