Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Months

Time is flying, and it makes me cry (kind of like most things). I remind myself often that I would not want to prolong Ruby's infant days, but the thought that our firstborn will someday never be a baby again seems like a loss somedays. I guess we'll have to have a few more :) I know I always say this, but I think I will blame it all on the hormones.

During Ruby's fifth month, we took a trip to Wichita to visit her Nana, Papa Coach, and Aunt Shiloh. From Wichita we traveled on to Lincoln, Nebraska for her to visit her Great Grandma and Grandpa Miller and a host of extended family. She logged 23 hours of car time, and I think she might have fussed for maybe an hour of it total. She didn't seem to mind her carseat too much, and if I kept her fed and changed, she was a happy lady. I am very thankful for that, since it seems like we are going to be quite the traveling bunch.

We also celebrated Easter with friends and family. The Saturday before Palm Sunday we had an Easter party with our small group. On Easter Sunday we celebrated with family at Calvary Baptist and at my parent's house.

Month number five also brought Ruby's first little cold and the beginning of our cloth diapering endeavor. We are mainly using fitteds and prefolds with covers. It is going well, and I have gotten to where I only have to wash diapers about once a week. I have continued to breastfeed, and I think I will keep it up until Ruby turns one. Regardless of whatever I do (supplements, pumping, beer, increasing calories, not working out as much, pumping after feedings, etc.) I am pretty sure Ruby only gets about 4 oz./feeding from me, so we are supplementing with Nutramigen since she has a dairy sensitivity. Anytime I want to quit, I remember that formula is quite expensive and that any nursing is beneficial. So we continue. I think you she is outgrowing her sensitivity, because I have slowly been introducing more dairy into my diet and she does not seem as bothered by it. Her little face and forehead breaks out a little, but it is nothing compared to what it was a few months ago.

Ruby, some of your favorite things include your soft "hello baby" book, your bottle or anything that resembles a bottle, nursing, pacis (taking them out and putting them back in), listening to singing, looking at your Dad's iphone, looking at people, looking at books, hanging your head upside down, and going outside. You are the sweetest little lady that loves to talk and giggle all day long. I think you truly enjoy your days that you spend with Gigi, and this makes work much more enjoyable. I wouldn't and couldn't go if I knew you were at home and miserable. I continue to work two days per week while you stay at home with her. You have been much more fussy when it comes to going to sleep for naps, so I've let you cry a few times. You basically cry when you see me leave the room if you aren't completely asleep. Then when I walk back in, you smile and kick your little legs. So, we're still working on falling asleep for naps now that you are older and more aware. I'm pretty sure you just kind of slept and floated through your first few months of life. I like that you are a little more preferential now.

Levi and I are so thankful for our little Rubix cube. She's the best part of our every day and the light of our lives. When I think about all the joy she has brought us, 6 months of throwing up continuously honestly doesn't sound AS bad. :)










1 comments:

Addi and Phin's Mom said...

Oh seriously, I just adore her. You're doing such a great job. Going back to work is tough, but I really think it's tougher for us than them. Phin and Addi still love Grandma Clark's house, and Phin has claimed his own room there (Look out when you come to visit. . . Phin *might* share with "Baby Wooby".

Thanks for keep us in the loop. Love to you three always!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting